CALF 2022 INTERNATIONAL AYVALIK SUMMER ACADEMY
1. CAKA 2022 International Summer Academy will be held on Cunda Island in BalIkesir’s Ayvalık district.
2. Dates: The Summer Academy will start with the arrival of the participants in Cunda on Saturday, August 20, 2022 and will end on Sunday, August 28, 2022, with the departure of the participants.
3. Cunda Island is the 4th largest island of Turkey in the Aegean Sea. The island, which is open to sea tourism, keeps its economy alive with the daily tourist flow from Turkey and Lesbos (Midilli) Island.Cunda Island, which is famous for its extremely beautiful historical houses and fish restaurants on the coast, also has places that attract tourists with its features such as churches, monasteries, mosques and historical mills. August in Cunda is quite hot and humid, with an average of 23 degrees of sea water.
4. Instruments: CAKA 2022 International Summer Academy will be held in the fields of Violin, Viola, Cello and Piano.
5. Class Venues: All the classes of the Summer Academy will be held at Ayvalık “Sebahat-Cihan Şişman Fine Arts High School”.
6. Accommodation: Students, participating in the summer academy will be hosted at the Balıkesir, Ayvalık, Cunda Vocational and Technical Anatolian High School Practice Hotel. Accommodation is included in the course fee.
Address: Mithatpaşa Mah. 15 Eylül Cad. 1. Sokak, No.8, Ayvalık, Balıkesir https://www.uygulamaotel.com/2018/06/cunda-uygulama-oteli-ayvalik-balikesir.html
7. Meals: Breakfast and dinner will be served at the hotel. Lunch will be served in the school cafeteria. Three meals a day are included in the course fee.
8. External Transportation: ‘Cunda Island’is an island, connected to Ayvalık county, however, there is a road connection between the island and Ayvalık by a bridge. It takes an average of 1-2 minutes to reach Cunda from Ayvalık by road. In addition, sea transportation is also available. All teachers and students will travel to Cunda by their own means.
9. Internal Transportation: There will be 2shuttles between the Hotel and the Fine Arts High School, one in the morning and one in the late afternoon. Morning service is scheduled for students and teachers at 09:00 am every day, and the late afternoon service is planned at 18:00 pm every day.
11. Piano: There are eight (8) tuned acoustic pianos in Ayvalık Fine Arts High School,and these pianos will be used for masterclasses, concerts and piano lessons. When necessary, digital pianos can also be used for piano lessons and concerts.
12. Digital library: All participants are obliged to send the works that they will study during the course or play in masterclasses, concerts, including solo and accompaniment parties, to email@example.com in digital format until 31 July 2022. These notes will be collected in a digital library and used for studies.
13. Professors: A total of 15 professors, 4 of which are from abroad and 11 from Turkey, will attend the summer academy. Professors who will attend the Summer Academy are:
Violin: Ani Schnarch, Can Özhan, Ceylan Kabakçı, Cihat Aşkın, Gonca Bilget, Itzhak Rashkovsky, Ozan Sari, Sevil Ulucan Weinstein. Piano: Alexander Mekaev, Çağdaş Özkan, Gökhan Aybulus, Kimball Gallagher. Viola: Beste Tıknaz Modiri Cello: Dilbağ Tokay and Musa Eren İşkodralı.
14. Active students: Every active student participating in the summer academy will attend 3 individual lessons, one masterclass and at least one concert during the summer academy. In addition, Masterclasses will be open to all active and passive participants. Apart from the work program, some activities will be added to the program for touristic and recreational purposes. Full fee will be charged from all the active students.
15. Passive students: Passive students participating in the summer academy will not be able to attend individual classes, but they will be able to listen to Masterclasses, concerts and other educational activities, ask questions, and participate in any activities that do not fall within the field of professional practice.
16. Pre-selection: Participation in the summer academy is limited to a certain number of places. In this framework, all participants will be subjected to Pre-Selection. It will be sufficient for each participant to send a performance link that he/she deems appropriate to the academy secretariat for the pre-selection. Along with this video, a copy of the front and back of the identity card, and if under the age of 18, a signed consent letter of the parents are also required. Submissions for the pre-selection, must reach the secretariat by 30 June 2022 at the latest. A pre-registration fee will be charged for the pre-selection. Participants with pre-registration fee will have quota priority.
17. Communication and Announcements:CAKA 2022 International Summer Academy internet contact address is: www.askinacademia.com
Summer academy announcements will start on May 27, 2022 and will be updated continuously on www.askinacademia.comand our caka.kultur instagram social media accounts will be streamed.
18. Final acceptance of registration:Candidates who pass the pre-selection will make final registration between July 1-31. Final registration will also be available for candidates who miss the pre-selection during the final registration process. However, quota will not be a priority for these candidates. The course participation list in full will be announced on 1 August 2022. A course ID document with a QR code will be sent to the participants who are accepted to the course (Or a digital corporate identity card will be sent.) You can also download the information booklet for the course with this QR code.
19. Pre-advertisement: Between 27 May and 30 June, there will be pre-promotional activities for the CAKA 2022 International Summer Academy on social media and press channels. Every student who has accepted or applied to join the academy will be able to participate in these activitieswithin the framework of mutual ethical rules.
20. Summer Academy communication activities: During the Summer Academy, public communication activities will be provided in the most advanced way, and the activities of teachers, students and other participants will be shared with the public within the framework of ethical rules. Anyone who accepts participation is deemed to have accepted these rules.
21. Sponsors: BALIKESIR METROPOLITAN MUNICIPALITY, Cihat Aşkın, Aşkın Academia, The Directorate of Ayvalık Sebahat-Cihan Şişman Fine Arts High School.
22. Outdoor events: outdoor concerts, Indoor concerts, Balikesir Municipality Concerts.
send an e-mail to the address.